Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Tri, Work

February 24, 2010

"Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching." - George Van Valkenburg.

God, I need to listen to that statement more. I feel like I've been slipping this week. Yes, it is supposed to be a "rest" week, but I'm eating just as much as I would be during the other weeks. Aka not going a good job at keeping up with everything like my good nutrition "when no one else is watching."

But, I still am keeping up with everything. More than I actually thought I ever could. I went swimming in the middle of the day today-- surprisingly it was beautiful out-- good weather, warm, and sunny. Such a wonderful day to be outside in the pool. We had a workout that was too confusing for me to memorize and I forgot to bring the paper with me, so I just made up my own workout. And what a great workout it was! I mean... if I'm making it myself, of course it's going to be doing things I like :) I know this is bad since I should be working on things I don't like, but you know what, I'm a strong enough swimmer that there's nothing to worry about. On that note, it was so funny tonight at my SB track workout-- I was talking with this one older guy and we started talking about swimming and he was like, "you were in the pool in the lane next to me on Sunday and every few minutes you would just glide past me-- you were like a fish!" Haha, too funny! It sucks because I love swimming and would love to do it more and more, but honestly, if I were to train it all the time and get really good at it, I might shave off 5 minutes of my time. On the other hand, if I start actually riding my bike more, I could cut down hours off my time. Hmmmm, I wonder what I should be doing... Definitely swimming more ;)

Our "recovery" track workout of hard drills and 9 800s somehow doesn't seem like it was all that much of a "recovery" workout. But, to be honest, it really wasn't bad. The most amazing thing is how NOT sore I am from this weekend. Exhausted, yes. Sore, no.

This exhaustion right now is wearing on me... It's already 10pm and I'm not even home yet. I could either a) let this get to me or b) keep a positive attitude about it. Yes, my life is now devoted to this. But, it's something I have accepted. I'm not going to let the fact that I'm never home get to me. I know I barely have time to be at home to do "all the other stuff I want to do." But the reality is, I'm getting to do all the things I want to do. Being on the team with my teammates and working out is better than anything I would do at home. I just have to keep reminding myself of that fact. My life literally has become eat, sleep, tri, work. What a great life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment