Thursday, February 25, 2010

Make a Change

February 25, 2010

"The same describes those who criticize circumstances in their life, but aren't willing to work at changing those situations."

I've already started making my change, but there is still more to go. I'm still not content with where I am and how I feel. I know that I could do better. I could push harder, I could eat better, I could take care of myself more. I was motivated by this quote this morning and then by the end of the night, my motivation slipped off and I started snacking on all my little snacks I have all around me. I think some of this has to do with the fact that I get all the free food I could ever want at work. Seriously, sounds like a wonderful thing, but omg I still get so excited about all the free food that I sort of over load it haha!

I've had other stressers this week like my stupid roommates I have to deal with, and it has been draining me. That along with my half and the back of my knee hurting and... NO-- I will not complain. I'm stopping right now. Even in the midst of whatever is going on in my life, I was still able to get to the gym for strength and core and I was still able to run hills and I was still able to go for a swim in the pool. I still put the work in. Even if I went slower than normal today and even if I just did a swim workout that I wanted to do, I did it. Slow and steady wins the race. Okay, I might not actually "win" the races compared with all the other people out there. But, I will win the race within my self. I will make it to the finish line. I will put the work in now and make a change. I will be different. I will not be the same. I will have no circumstances to criticize if and when I cross that finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment